Avoid the doghouse this year, trust me men, women insisting they don’t want any gifts this Valentine’s Day…fibbing! And if you’re not celebrating the day with a loved one, why not treat yourself to our finest knitwear?! With our Winter ‘10 Sale now at 50% discount, there’s many beautiful styles still available.
We wanted to share some Valentine’s trivia that will hopefully get you in the mood this February 14th.
Did you know?
- 110 million roses, the majority red, will be sold and delivered within a three-day time period.
- More than 35 million heart-shaped boxes of chocolate will be sold for Valentine’s Day. Who said men weren’t predictable!
- More than half the Valentine’s Day cards that are bought are purchased in the week right before the holiday.
- There are more single men than women, so finding a date on that special day can be tough (or great for us girls!)
- In Japan the women gives the man a gift on February fourteenth and on March fourteenth he has to give it back to her, so she essentially chooses her own gift.
- The most fantastic gift of love is the Taj Mahal in India. It was built by Mughal Emperor Shahjahan as a memorial to his wife, who died in childbirth. Work on the Taj began in 1634 and continued for almost 22 years, requiring the labour of 20,000 workers from all over India and Central Asia.